Friday, November 29, 2013

Customer Service Is not Really That Important - Discuss

It was a Sunday and snowy. Expected. All week the weather predicted snow. "On Sunday, wrap up warm" he said, every day, from Wednesday. Now fast forward to Sunday and sure enough it cliche'd winter wonderland scenery. A white out. Plus the weather forecasters are satisfied. As a father I feel it is my duty to take my three year old son sledging. For the first time. (From the both of us I think I am most excited about it). But where do I buy a sled? My other half - half-wise - show rings around me first: a certain period has been predicted for so long. May run in a sled. Too true. The entire south east of England rose bud and a man (woman and child) does not do anything but buy a Sunday morning sled. In large numbers. I phoned the store twelve. Large. Small. And before I even say ... "Sled? All gone mate. Sold damaged last half hour ago ". Father in this sad tragedy, condemning planning my shit, I give up. Son & I crunch into a car and go trickily / slide to Starbucks for coffee and chocolate biscuits cry. 

We parked and I saw a national retailer outlets and accessories camping car (no, I did not mention it). I think it should be worth the effort even though they closed at 4:00, about a half hour. Second to remove snow from our boots and I asked after ... "Sled? Sold out. All morning it lost about half ten ". As we are going to try to keep excited about wiper blades I've heard some positive voice of a little girl in front of the store. He said no more and head to the barn. He returned with a bright red sled. "Excuse me, you can have it if you want? The rest is provided to take the 2:00 but they have not been collected, so that you can afford. If you want it? "If I want it? A red sled. And it did not take the wheel. Err ... OK ... Continued later ... You killed my arm. In summary then, happy father went sledging (in the fading light) with super-excited children and mothers carrying a camera. Net.

This back from them all before Christmas. Today, in the month of April, I went to two national retailers that specialize in auto parts, camping goods, and rotation (I still call them) but for other outlets. I bought a replacement brake light for my car. But the customer service at the other end of the spectrum. A girl at the desk was surly and unresponsive. He just does not want to be there. (Note to self, if there is any mileage in this idea for a TV series, "Grumpy Young Women") And finally Unfortunately, my patient readers I set my point:. This 'two ends of the spectrum' experience shows how important good customer service. Let's talk about it. We write about it. We recommend that when we have a good service. And efficient service to customers and build brand loyalty. I will definitely go back to the retailer says. The good outweighed the bad. But you can be sure if the senior management aware of their contrasting experience I'm looking for a fix. This is the reason why they will rise senior.Being cheaper than your competitors is not sustainable in the long term. Provide better customer service. See for example: Kwik Save: lost. FineFare: go. Peacocks: looks very shaky. Apple: innovation. M & S: be strong. In the digital era of excellence in the ultra-competitive customer service stakes provide excellent support this possibility for a successful partnership.

No comments:

Post a Comment